You CAN get by as a new start-up by managing your own books and dealing directly with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and Companies House. But there are plenty of reasons not to.
We’re guessing you didn’t start your new business to spend your time doing bookkeeping, financial admin and filling out tax returns, right?
So partnering with a forward-thinking, cloud-based accountant can add incredible value for you a business owner – not to mention the benefits a great accountant will bring your financial management, strategic planning and profitability.
A good accountant will:
- Help you set up a streamlined and efficient accounting system, such as Xero online accounting, to take care of the basic numbers.
- Make sure your bookkeeping is quick and easy to do – and that the time-consuming data entry and bank reconciliation is automated as much as possible.
- Talk to you about your start-up, listen carefully, and help you get your business goals written down and worked into a strategic business plan.
- Help you set up a clear budget, with timelines, targets and regular performance measurements to keep you on track with your goals.
- Give you support, advice and guidance to help your start-up overcome the common pitfalls and stay on the road to success.
- Work with you to improve efficiency, systemise your processes, boost revenues, cut costs and making sure you’re turning the best profit possible.
- Provide reporting, forecasting and performance management to get the absolute best from you and your team.
- Be there when you have a query, a problem or a challenge – and work with you to find a fast and effective solution to your problems.
If you’d like the best possible support and guidance for your fledgling business, come and chat to the FD Works team – we love working with aspirational business owners and start-ups.
Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01454 300 999 to have a chat about your plans for setting up a new business.