Once you’re ready to register your start-up as a limited company (and become a director in your own business) there are some key steps you need to take to set everything up correctly.
- Register with Companies House.
- Choose a company name and make sure it's not already registered.
- Register your business address – this must be a physical address and in the same country as the business you've registered.
- Give the names and addresses of your directors and shareholders.
- Specify their share capital and the percentages of who owns what.
- Put a shareholder's agreement in place to outline responsibilities.
- Set up a separate business bank account to manage your money.
- Register with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) for business taxes.
- Set up an efficient accounting system, preferably using cloud accounting software.
- Partner with an accountant who understands the start-up journey.
If you’re ready to become a limited company and want some expert help, give us a call on 01454 300 999 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org